Thursday, June 16, 2016

Cousin uncovered some good leads!

Thanks to my cousin Caroline uncovering some good leads, I was able to find even more information on Hannah Leber Zucker and her family. I previously had her birth and marriage data and some photos.

Caroline sent me the death certificate for Hannah Zucker, which shows both her parents and husband, but he is listed as Harry, not Aaron. She also sent me the 1940 census, which lists their children and two son-in-laws, and a grandson. She also told me they lived in Bridgeport, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA and about Wilton Zucker Co., a men's clothing store, run by their son Wilton.



With her leads, I uncovered Mildred Zucker Lewis' death certificate. Her sister, Molly Howard, was the informant. That lead me to figure out that the son-in-law William Howard on the 1940 census was married to Molly Zucker. The other son-in-law was Max Rudnick. I found his draft card for WWII and he died in December of that same year (1942). He began his theatrical career as the owner of motion picture theatres in Brooklyn. He had produced “Folies Bergere”.

  

Mildred and Max Rudnick lived at the same address as Molly and William Howard in the 1940’s. I kept digging and found Harry Zucker’s (Aaron) death information, but no death certificate. He died in Bridgeport, Connecticut in May 1956. Hannah Leber Zucker died 23 Mar 1972 in Norfolk, Virginia.


Digging further I found information on Wilton Zucker and his family. Wilton and his wife had two sons and a daughter: Harold, Edward and Toby. Wilton was in the army and hi's buried at the Star of David Memorial Gardens, North Lauderdale, Florida, Plot: Negev Garden.



Harry Leber, the youngest son of all of the Leber siblings from both of Max's (Yechiel Mechel) wives, changed his last name to Leiber. He was also in the army and is also buried at the Star of David Memorial Gardens in the Star of David section.

Now to find out what I can on Morris Leber, the third born of Max and Annah, and Sarah Leber. the fourth child born to Max and Annah.

No comments:

Post a Comment